From August 3 (opening concert)
To August 13 (closing concerts) 2021
In Szabolcsi Bence Music School,
near Astoria place
- Isabelle Oehmichen, concert pianist, Cziffra prize, teacher of piano and chamber music in Paris
and artistic director of the Cziffra Foundation.
- Richard Weninger (1936-2011), conductor and founder of the Chamber Orchestra of Hungary, ex-director and professor of chamber music at the Franz Liszt Academy.
Opening Concert: August 3 2021
Concert of chamber music given by the professors of the Academy, free to students and listeners.
- Akos Pasztor, solo cellist, professor of chamber music at the Franz Liszt Academy in Budapest
- Andrea Schuster, solo violinist, 1st solo violinist in several Hungarian orchestras, including the Monarchy Orchestra
- Istvan Varga, solist clarinetist and teacher at the Liszt Ferenc Grand Academy
- Isabelle Oehmichen, concert pianist, artistic director of AMFH and of the Academy,
artistic responsable at the Cziffra Foundation.
- Enikö Krum, Solist Soprano and teacher in Budapest.
- Marcell Petö, Pianist, Liszt Academy Price.
- principal assistant: Marcell Petö
- Various young professionals.
Other professors of the Franz Liszt Academy, soloists on various instruments, are invited also each year.
Aims of the Course
- The purpose of the course is to allow adult amateurs access to a very high standard of chamber music tuition, in small groups, in a warm, friendly and cultural environment.
- There is no age limit. Students will receive a minimum of eight chamber music master classes, as well as additional rehearsal time. The instrumentalists are placed in programs in advance according to their levels of ability and personal tastes. They receive a proposal of two programmes (one or two movements of a work each) in two different styles, these programmes having already been studied (sight-read) prior to the course.
- It is also possible to register for the course as a listener (music-lover or relative of the student) with the entitlement to enjoy all the programmes of the Summer Academy.
- Only students and listeners will have a badge permitting access to the Conservatoire.
- The classes will be held in a new building, Szabolcsi Bence Music school, (Budapest, Vármegye u. 9, 1052, in the center of, Budapest, near to Astoria Place) where the students will enjoy the benefit of excellent facilities for their personal work. Many of the studios, most with one or two pianos, are available to students between the hours of 9.0am and 6.0pm.
- Less advanced students can be accepted into a particular class, and accompanied in the concerts by a professional, for a supplement of 15 euros per class.
- Students may stay in nearby city-centre hotels or appartments which offer us preferential rates. We can help and advise you in accordance with your wishes and your budget. Your accommodation could be a bed and breakfast, youth hostel or a 5 star hotel.
- Opening Concert: August 3 2021 followed by the distribution of the complete course files, and access badges for the Conservatoire - arrange to arrive in Budapest during the afternoon.
- The classes begin in the morning August 4 2021
- Cruise o the Danube: August 6 - this evening event is included in the course for students and listeners.
- Closing Concerts given by the students: 13 August.
- Departure from 14 August
Other possible events
- Various concerts within our Academy (included in the cost of the course);
- Traditional Hungarian evening in a restaurant;
- Relaxation therapy workshop for [combating] stage fright and [helping] concentration;
- Organisation of cultural visits;
- The Gellert Baths and other thermal baths;
- The National Museum, The Ethnic Museum, the Royal Palace, Parliament, Budapest Market…
- a number of reasonably-priced restaurants.
- Registration fee: 15 euros upon joining the Association Musical Franco-Hongroise, for listeners and students;
- Plus Course fee -
Students: 580 euros, including -
- a minimum of eight master-classes;
- opening-evening cruise dinner and aperitif;
- provision of a rehearsal studio, with grand piano, between 9.0 am and 6.0 pm;
- opportunity to attend all the course classes and concerts.
Listeners: 110 euros, including
- opening-evening cruise-dinner and aperitif;
- opportunity to attend all the course classes and concerts;
- opportunity to work in the Conservatoire studios, within the limits of available places, and to take one or two specific classes.
Registration for the 2021 Course
- For any request for additional information and registration, send us an email with your name, stating of your instrument and approximate level of standard of playing reached. We will send you a form to return to us, along with your jpg photograph (applies to both students and listeners).
- As soon as your registration is confirmed, and after receipt of your deposit, we will propose a programme for you (as a student) to prepare, and send you detailed information about the course, and about Budapest.
Final Date for Registration
- The available places will be taken till the May 2021, (in order that we can propose to you the programmes for preparation).
- The number of places for pianists is limited. Nonetheless, once the quota has been reached, a programme for two pianos (duos for two pianos) could be proposed for pianists enrolling on the course. Once your registration has been accepted, the non-refundable (Out pf in case of cancellation of the course, due to the situation) deposit must be paid to confirm the registration.
- Students: 155 euros (15 euros for entry into the AMFH plus 140 euros deposit);
- Listeners: 50 euros (15 euros for entry into the AMFH plus 35 euros deposit).
Please, contact us for all questions at:
To validate your registration, send before end of May 2021 to the above e-mail address:
- Completed registration form
- A photo of you jpg
- and a non-refundable deposit of 155 euros (15 euros of AMFH membership 2017 and 140 euros of deposit) or 50 euros, as auditor, by check to the order of AMFH, To be sent to AMFH, 12 rue Jonquoy, 75014, Paris, France. A bank transfer is also possible, we will send you our bank details on request.
The balance of the Workshop (440 euros for the musicians and 75 euros for the auditors) is to be sent before 15 July 2021.
The programs will be proposed after the closing of the registrations.
All Workshops started is due in full and non-refundable.
Budapest International Academy of Chamber Music
August 3-13 2021
Chamber music course for good amateur adults and young professionals.
Szabolcsi Bence Music School located in the city centre, near Astoria Place with a concert hall and twentye studios with one or two pianos, hotels or boarding houses at negotiable prices.
A minimum of two programmes for each student, in two different forms, decided upon two months beforehand.
Courses every day given by soloists, all instruments, professors from the Franz Liszt Academy, or higher national conservatories.
For the first evening aperitive and opening concert.
Cruise on the Danube.
Various concerts offered for students and other listeners
Several cultural and tourist programmes proposed.
High-level course in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Closing concerts given by the students.
Ausgust 3 (Opening concert)
August 13 (closing concerts)